- The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between CBS Law and the user or browser.
- All copyrightable text and graphics, the selection, arrangement, and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of this web page are ©2020 CBS Law. Any copying, distribution, retransmission, or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of CBS Law, is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved.
- CBS Law will process and investigate proper notices of alleged copyright or other intellectual property infringement related to material on its websites or servers and will respond appropriately. Under appropriate circumstances, CBS Law will act to remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity. Claims of alleged copyright or other intellectual property infringement must be in writing and directed to CBS Law.
- The practice summaries on this website describe results obtained in matters handled by CBS Law. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about our activities and experience. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by CBS Law and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors including the specific factual and legal circumstances at hand as well as unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome in future cases. Every case has its own factual and legal circumstances and must be judged accordingly.
- Your privacy is important to us. It is CBS Law’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website. When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information”, as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
- We collect information by fair and lawful means with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without it.
- We may use non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our website in future. We only retain this information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
- We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit so we can understand how you use our site and serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
- We may use third-party services for our website and marketing activity. These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with these services without your explicit consent. We do not give these services permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
- We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
- We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties. This website does not knowingly target or collect personal information from children. As a parent/guardian, please contact us if you believe your child is participating in an activity involving personal information on our website, and you have no received a notification or request for consent. We do not use your supplied contact details for marketing or promotional purposes.
- As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted. You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
- At our discretion, we may update this policy to reflect current acceptable practices. We will take reasonable steps to let users know about changes via our website. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around data and personal information.